Offering school-aged young people with disabilities a wide variety of fun activities during the school holiday period.
Separate programs run for primary aged and high school students, offering age-appropriate activities for both groups, delivered from our Morrissey and Leschenault venues.
Morrissey School Holiday Program-Primary is about appropriate safe play while giving families respite.
Activities offered for primary aged clients are:
- Creative play-dress ups & construction activities
- Outdoor games
- Sensory sink & water play
- Musical games
- Crafts-painting, collaging & stamping
- Music & Dance
- Cooking & shopping for ingredients
- Outings and activities in the community-Shopping Centres, Library visits, nail salon & shopping centre craft activities.
- Skateparks & playgrounds and much more
The School Holiday Program-primary clients bring along their play lunch and lunch to have at the centre.
Morrissey School Holiday Program-High is an energetic day exploding with fun & friendship while maintaining appropriate social skills in a supported environment.
Participants of the School Holiday Program-High become part of our existing Morrissey younger client group, where together with their older peers & mentors, can enjoy the electrifying atmosphere the day brings.
Activities offered over the course of the holidays can include:
- Gravity ETC Trampoline Park
- Shopping centre activities
- Community garden
- Arts & crafts
- wii games
- Pool competition
- Music & dance
- Oval games-soccer, footy etc
- Nail art
- Public speaking
- Jewellery making
- Board games & cards
The School Holiday Program-high school clients may either bring along their snacks and lunch or have a delicious lunch from Morrissey’s kitchen.